Upgrading from Pic Scanner to Pic Scanner Gold? Obviously you would like to transfer all your scanned photos, albums and captions to the new app. It’s easy.
Pic Scanner – Migrating from old to Gold
There are two ways to do it. Which one is better for you will depend on how many scanned photos you have in Pic Scanner.
For light users:
If you have up to 250 photos in Pic Scanner’s Cropped gallery, proceed as follows (Expected transfer time: 1 minute):
1) Download Pic Scanner Gold on the same device as Pic Scanner.
2) With both apps installed, launch Pic Scanner (old app). Tap Menu > Migrate. All cropped photos, albums and captions would be compressed. After a moment, sharing options would be shown. Select Pic Scanner Gold.
3) Pic Scanner Gold will open, and everything will be saved in it.
4) Check Photo Gallery and Albums in Pic Scanner Gold to ensure everything looks good. After this, you can delete the old app to free up space on your device (Please note that Originals will not be transferred.)
For heavy users:
If you have too many photos and albums, your iPhone or iPad may not have enough processing power to handle such a large data transfer, and the app may fail. If this happens, please proceed as follows (Expected transfer time: 10 minutes):
1) Create a folder named Pic Scanner Temp on your computer’s desktop.
2) Connect your device (iPhone or iPad) to computer with USB cable. Launch iTunes on computer, and select your device [See (1) below]
3) Click Apps in iTunes sidebar on the left [See (2) below]. Then in the right pane, scroll all the way down to File Sharing section (3). Locate and click Pic Scanner (4). The right side will show some folders and files e.g. original_images, splitted_images, etc. Select them all, and drag them into Pic Scanner Temp folder on desktop.
4) In Pic Scanner Temp folder, click on splitted_images folder. Check that your photos are in it, then delete original_images folder.
5) In iTunes on the computer, click Apps in left sidebar, then scroll down the right pane to File Sharing (Same as in step 3 above). Click Pic Scanner Gold. The right side will show some folders.
6) Select all folders and files in Pic Scanner Temp folder on the computer. Drag and drop them alongside the existing folders in iTunes Pic Scanner Gold folders (Care: Don’t drag Pic Scanner Temp folder into iTunes: only the files and folders within it.) In the warning pop-up box [See (5) below], check mark the Apply to all box, and click Replace. Voila! You are done!
7) Launch Pic Scanner Gold on your device. Check that all photos, albums and captions are there. Now you can delete Pic Scanner (the old app) to avoid duplication and free up space on your device.
Any problems, drop us a line. We think you will enjoy your move from Pic Scanner to Pic Scanner Gold!